Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Saturday, June 8, 2013

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - Belated Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy and Wonderful Wednesday Everyone!

Hi Everyone... I do apologize for the late posting, but as most of you know, I left really early Tuesday morning on June 4th for my Aunt's funeral near Omaha, Nebraska.  Owen graciously drove me the total 1,400 miles to and from Bellevue, Nebraska.  I attended the Celebratory Services for Patricia "Pat" H. Tarleton on Wednesday, June 5th. I am very grateful I was able to make the sudden road trip there and back.  And I know from my Uncle and Cousins, they were just as thankful.  We made it home late last night driving through Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas in just 12 hours - Whew! 

Both road trips, up and back, we went through Moore, Oklahoma.  It was so heartbreaking to see the devastation on each side of I-35. It almost appeared that the tornado jumped the interstate! Homes, with the emergency services markings for search and rescue were still visible on the homes, mangled signs, signs stripped of paint, demolished cars sitting in a mall parking lot, and buildings half gone. I hope any of our Oklahoma ESA Sisters and their friends and family members are safe and sound. It made me think of the ESA Disaster Fund.  Please consider adding the ESA Disaster Fund as well as the Texas Love Fund to your chapter and personal budgets for the coming year, if you have not done so already.  One just never knows when disaster strikes.  Having lived through several earthquakes, particularly the 7.2 shaker in October 1989, I know the toll a disaster can impact a person and their family.

Next week, I do promise, I will catch up on June Birthdays.  I know there was one May Birthday missed as the information from the chapter had not been sent.  If you chapter has not sent birthday information to Corresponding Secretary Joyce Smith, please do so immediately.  Additionally, if you have not sent your chapter membership and officers, please send today.  We may not have the time to follow-up to gather that important membership information from you.  Since we are now going to a totally electronic version of the roster, take a few moments to update Joyce with your order.  Thank you so much!

I know the TESAN reports were due while I was gone.  I had mine nearly ready.  So I will be sending today.  So get those in!

Lastly, for those of you who were wondering who the character was on the IAWL (It's A Wonderful Life) trivia question.... Mr. Potter played by the great Lionel Barrymore!

Thank you for your patience in my tardy posting of this email/blog.  My new routine was sadly tested due to the death of my favorite, one and only Aunt Pat!  I love her and miss her already!

Remember, ESA's ... A Wonderful Life.  Love and hugs to all ESA every day Angels!

Sue Ann Tarleton, Texas State Council President 2013-2014


http://esawonderwednesday.blogspot.com/
sueannesa@yahoo.com









No comments:

Post a Comment