Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - October 2, 2013

Happy Wonderful Wednesday All!

It is hard to believe that we have arrived to the beginning of our Holiday Season, starting with Halloween! As I get older, time just speeds up year by year. I remember my grandmother, a member of ESA in California, had told me, as a young girl, that time gets faster as you get I older. So don't beg for the days to go by faster to get to desired activity you are waiting for... I remember this as a very long day when we switched from daylight savings time to standard time. My mom was on her way home from visiting a Regional Council meeting when California's State President. And, I was watching the minutes tick by so slowly. How I wish I had some of that time back!

Last week I spoke to time management and how I had planned ahead due to upcoming events. Just today, due to all the changes in healthcare we are becoming aware of these days, I received an email that included this statement:

"Don't fall victim to the old adage; he who fails to plan, plans to fail!"

That just amazed me of being reminded of the importance in time management and planning ahead. I spoke to how that was an attribute of being a Leader. With the email today, it was a reminder I needed to take the time to plan out what my tasks are to insure I will accomplish them to the best of my ability. Hope that made some sense to all!

Now for last week's IAWL Trivia Question...There is a relationship between “It’s A Wonderful Life” and “ET The Extra-Terrestrial”. What is it? Did you guess it? A clue - a well known family in the Theater and Movies - the Barrymores!  Lionel Barrymore portrayed the most disliked man in Bedford Falls, Harry F. Potter. Potter was also the richest man in Bedford Falls. Now how does he have a relationship with ET? His grand-niece Drew Barrymore was the little girl with huge eyes in the ET movie. Drew's name, a family name, from her great grandmother, the mother of Lionel, Ethel, and John Sr. John Sr.'s son, John "Drew" Barrymore was Drew's father. Quite the legendary acting family!

A few reminders -
  • Remember to send in your registration for the November State Board Meeting to District 6.
  • If you are planning to sell any items at the Craft Faire, Barbara Perales is looking to hear from you.
  • I need to know if you will be wearing a Holiday Sweater for the contest during the Craft Faire.
  • Debbi Morris has set up a Charm Contest, let her know if you are planning to participate!
  • We will be donating items for our Troops, so start shopping for those items and bring to the Board Meeting. 
All of these reminders will appear in more detail as we get closer to the Board Meeting. Additionally, I have posted them within the last several weeks. You can easily view those posts from the past!

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to the following sisters for the coming week!
Patsy Coleman - October 4 of Lambda Nu, District 5
Laura Martin - October 4 of Theta Alpha, District 7 and State Chaplain
Mimi Probst-Taylor - October 4 of Rho Theta, District 1, Angel Jester, AND brand new mommy! Congrats to Mimi and David!
Pat Vance - October 4 of Delta Omicron, District 7
Elaine Noto - October 5 of Theta Phi, District 11 and Past Texas State President
Dianne Richardson - October 5 of Sigma Iota, District 6 and District 6 Coordinator
Janie Pritz - October 6 of Theta Alpha, District 7
Sharon Willingham - October 7 of Lambda Nu, District 5
Kim Baird - October 8 of Theta Psi, District 2 and State Parliamentarian and Bylaws Chair
Cheryl Deleranko - October 8 of Rho Theta, District 1 and State First Timers Chair
Debbi Morris - October 8 of Sigma Iota, District 6 and State 2nd Vice President and Budget Chair
Elisa Urdiales - October 8 of Delta Chi, District 4
Carol Wilson - October 8 of Mu Alpha, District 2
Silvia Nunez-Castorena - October 9 of Delta Chi, District 4
Rosanne Hayman - October 10 of Epsilon Pi, District 5
Carolyn Reed - October 11 of Delta Omicron, District 7 and Bylaws Comm Member


If you desire to get the blog postings sooner than later, please let me know by email at sueannesa@yahoo.com and I will add you to a mailing group list I have set up. To see the blog, click on the following address:
http://esawonderwednesday.blogspot.com/.

Remember, ESA's . . . A Wonderful Life!
Love and hugs to all Every Day Angels,
sue ann



No comments:

Post a Comment