Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Sunday, May 11, 2014

ESA Wonderful Wednesday The Early Edition - May 14, 2014

Happy Wonderful Wednesday!  

This is the second to the last final edition posting for ESA Wonderful Wednesday Blog! It is a few days early to allow you to review prior to convention……


This is dedicated to the Texas State Membership of ESA!
sue ann


“Angels are Everywhere!”

“Sometimes we feel that we are all alone,
as life brings us challenges to overcome and
hardships to bear. 
But when we least expect it,
help can appear.
It may be a kind word from a stranger
or a phone call at just the right time,
and we are suddenly surrounded with the
loving grace of God.
Miracles happen every day
because angels are everywhere!”

-Marci-

This last week has been really stressful on a number of levels – a family crisis that is resolving, finding out that my dear Joyce is unable to go to convention as Corresponding Secretary, responsibilities at my job, and somehow trying to complete all the tasks in preparation of convention. And as I write this Sunday morning before Mother’s Day activities begin, I still am printing, writing, making, and finishing, all despite starting many months ago…. A woman’s job, no… today, a mother’s job is never done… 


Happy Mother’s Day 
To 
Mothers, Grandmothers, Daughters, Sisters, and Aunts!
You all deserve the blessings!

Prior to May 2013, I got the idea to do this weekly blog from Suzy Winters, IC President for 2012-2013, as she was doing the exact same thing. I believe that it was the first one in ESA. I wrote her and asked if I could “copy” and do my own thing with a blog for you! Of course, she took that as a compliment, as that was intended, and said “Yes”. So I want to give her credit for the inspiration for the year and for some of the thoughts to follow, but I will make them my own…….

Suzy stated, “The two most important words anyone can say is THANK YOU!” You have made this year WONDERFUL! You did this for You and Me! I THANK YOU for that and the opportunity to serve as your State President. As angels, you served others in the Dream Home, Galas, Golf Tournaments, Thanks for Giving Walks, Bunco, Hope for Heroes “troupons”, Literacy commitments, Domestic Violence donations, March of Dimes Bingo events, Spaghetti or Chili feeds, Easter Seal projects, and so many more community events we love to embrace. I know this based on the quarterly board meetings to hear the results… the hours, goods, miles, and moneys you have reported are so huge and inspiring. Not only am I proud to be your State President, but I am proud to be a Texas ESA Sister. 

My thanks also extend to my appreciation to serve as your State President. The opportunity is a gift you have given me. I hope through the years of serving you, you do know I am grateful and treat it with the utmost respect and love. There are so many people to thank; it is so hard to come up with a finite list. I can say it took a village of friends, sisters, and family. It was WONDERFUL…And YES, “ESA’s … A Wonderful Life!” And Yes, those two words… THANK YOU!  

The other wisdom provided from Suzy, “The last word I leave you with is the word “YES”.  ESA is made up of people who don’t hesitate to say YES!” For 99% of my time in ESA as a child, a teenager, and an adult, is to say “YES”… there were just two occasions I did not. Regret, maybe, but I knew I did not know enough to do the job the best I could. That is my honesty to you! But my point here, say “YES” to serve yourself and others. Of course, that means service, but also doing educationals and supporting the fun activities, we do together. Sometime life gets in the way… I do understand that, but say “YES” to serve on a committee, chairmanship, or putting your name on a ballot for a chapter, district, and even a state elected office. You can do it. You have the skills. You can learn the duties and responsibilities. You have the commitment. How do I know this…? You have proven yourself by doing the service, the rushes, the educationals, and so much more. We all see this each day. You have not allowed yourself to take the next step to a WONDERFUL journey. Take it… it does not hurt, it helps!

There is one additional critical reason to say “YES”… if you say “YES” to leading in your chapters, districts, and on the state level, that is an example to show others, to inspire growth in new members, new chapters. Saying “YES” will insure ESA will be there for our future and those of our current sisters and those future sisters… I hope we will not say “No” when asked! I said “YES” and had this WONDERFUL opportunity!

Several of you have asked, including Owen, what are you going to do with the blog after it is over? I have given this some thought. In all likelihood, I will initiate a new one, more focused on recipes, life, and more. We will see what develops!

Good News…. No IAWL Trivia Question? Nope, here it is and the answer too! In 2006, the American Film Institute (AFI) released 100 films in 100 years, the 100 most inspiring films of all time. What was the number 1 film on this list? Well, can you guess? Okay, you got it… “It’s a Wonderful Life”. Yep, the number one film that inspired us! 

The AFI stated, “These 100 movies inspire us, encourage us to make a difference and send us from the theatre with a greater sense of possibility and hope for the future. A jury of 1,500 film artists, critics and historians selected the classic IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, starring James Stewart, as the most inspiring movie of all time.” I agree, it is my absolute favorite! I thank my parents, particularly my Dad for giving the love of movies! The AFI awarding of IAWL was not the spark for this year’s theme. No, that inspiration came back in the very early1980’s when I first fell in love with this film, moving it ahead of “White Christmas” as my most favorite movie. I saw this film as a way to live my life… 

to remember each moment to convey my care and interest in others… be an encouraging word, a smile, a hug, show interest, to listen, unconditional giving, a kiss,
and to say “love you” when closing a call to friends and family, 
all not to get it back, but to know I made the effort,
I took the time to care!

It was then; I did not know how or where, I was going to use IAWL to share with others to hopefully convey the ability to make a difference or to inspire that ability to make a difference. Because if it is not conveyed, then much of what we have done in ESA would not have happened. If George Bailey had never lived, then Bedford Falls would not have been………………………………. If we in ESA have not have happened, then what would have happened? There was a purpose and a reason!

My final message will come to you the Wednesday after convention and contain my thoughts expressed at the third general assembly… I look forward to sharing those thoughts with you, especially for those who were unable to attend convention, particularly Joyce…..!


League City, here we come! 
Travel safely! 
Bless you all!
Happy Mommy’s Day!
Love to all the everyday angels,
as you have touched my heart in countless ways!

sue ann

(aka – susieQ to friends and family as they too have gotten the blog each and every week! Thank you! I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment