Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - August 14, 2013

Happy Wonderful Wednesday Everyone!

Well, our First State Board Meeting "Welcome to Bedford Falls" has come and gone. Let me tell you if you missed it, it was WONDERFUL! Rose Pasillas, our Leadership Seminar Chairman, and her able assistants from Sigma Iota conducted a FANTASTIC production of Leadership in ESA's version of Wonderland. While the audience, us, were Alice, Rose and crew were the characters of Wonderland.... There was the Mad-Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the Chesshire Cat (probably spelled that wrong), Floyd the Flamingo, and so many more. We covered the Educational aspects of learning what we are doing and how to access information, Service through projects like Warm Welcome, Hope for Heroes, Literacy for Life, Women in Crisis, and Care Connection. What a minute, that is our Caring and Sharing Team! We also were exposed to new ideas for Membership Rush as Choctober is back!  It was great! Thank you Rose, Sigma Iota, and all the presenters!

I had a few questions about my "Blog/Email". There is confusion as to how to access when I post the Email and that the Blog posting is not the same as the Email I send. First off, the Blog/Email are not the same, but they contain the same written information. What you see in the Email is EXACTLY the same as what you would see if you accessed the Blog. There are some differences. When I attach documents, I do that only in the Email. When I include photos, I do that only in the Blog. If you want to post to the Blog, everyone is able to see the contents of your postings. If you want to respond to the Email, you are only able to respond to me the sender and no one else can see your response. Otherwise, it is the same. Additionally, I send out the Blog/Email with everyone's address undisclosed. This allows you to print and share the Blog/Email without printing dozens and dozens of email addresses. So don't worry, you are seeing everything I post... just different ways to see it!

Remember if you have any corrections to the new State Roster we distributed last weekend, please contact Joyce Smith to post those corrections in an upcoming TESAN. So far we have had a very favorable review of the roster.  Information is easy to find and access for all levels of computer users. This is very encouraging as we moved from a paper roster to an electronic roster. Joyce still has a few CDs available to purchase for $2.00 each. 

Now, for our IAWL trivia for the week... When George was joyously running through the center of Bedford Falls, he passes by the Bijou Theater. What film was playing? And a bonus, who starred in the film? Let me know what you know!

Barbara Perales, Association of the Arts Chairman, announced at the Board Meeting the Craft Faire to happen at the November State Board Meeting in Bedford. She will be posting the table reservation form via The TESAN in the next couple of months. Therefore, it is time to start working on making those crafted items you will be selling in November and get your table reservation to Barbara! The Crafts Faire is always fun and fruitful!

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to the following sisters for the next week:
Deanna Kriesman - August 16 of Beta Xi, District 6
Stephanie Rodriquez - August 17, I am not certain what chapter Stephanie is in as that was not given to me... Let me know! 
Debbie Gattenby - August 18, again, let me know what chapter Debbie is in as that was not on my list... Let me know!
Sharon Jones - August 18 of Lambda Nu, District 5
Sandy Wilson - August 19 of Chi Kappa, District 1
Suzanne Robinson - August 20, again, let me know what chapter Suzanne Robinson is in as that was not on my list... Let me know!
Barbara Atkinson, our Associate Member of PPACs - August 20 of Kappa Mu, District 3
Sylvia Casares - August 20, again, let me know what chapter Sylvia is in as that was not on my list.... Let me know!
Mary Brown - August 20 of Epsilon Pi, District 5
Yvonne Evans - August 20 of Epsilon Pi, District 5 and 
Gayla O'Neal - August 22 of Sigma Iota, District 6

Remember, this is my method of weekly communication to YOU, the entire membership, during the year. Please share the postings with those in your chapter who do not have computer access. Not everyone has a computer or access to one! We are trying to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to see the information. If you desire to get the blog postings sooner than later, please let me know by email at sueannesa@yahoo.com and I will add you to a mailing group list I have set up. Additionally, the Blog can be viewed at <http://esawonderfulwednesday.blogspot.com>. Previous postings are there to if you need to catch up!
Remember, ESA's . . . A Wonderful Life!
Love and hugs to all Every Day Angels,
sue ann
(aka - susieQ)

ESA Wonderful Wednesday – August 14, 2013 – Updates and Corrections on 8/15/2013

Happy Thursday Evening....
I have had some emails updating my birthday list.  I am so happy to see my Texas Sisters are keeping me honest. There are changes, additions, and corrections. I thought it was too large to wait until next week.... I will post the corrected information this coming weekend.  I also have to look at the link below.  Apparently it is corrupt or "bad" as they say.  It will take me a bit of time to figure this one out!

But, here we go to the correct Happy, Happy Birthdays this coming week:
Deanna Kriesman - August 16 of Beta Xi, District 6
Suzanne Dullack - August 17 of Beta Sigma, District 2 - our Texas State Council First Vice President/President-Elect and Membership Chairman
Cindy Mayfield - August 17 of Chi Rho, District 11 - our Texas State Council Membership Assistant to her partner in crime Suzanne Dullack and Digital Scrapbook Chairman (small world isn't it!!!)
Stephanie Rodriquez - August 17, I am not certain what chapter Stephanie is in as that was not given to me... Let me know!
Debbie Gattenby (formerly Debbie Truethardt) - August 18 of Kappa Beta, District 1
Sharon Jones - August 18 of Lambda Nu, District 5
Sandy Wilson - August 19 of Chi Kappa, District 1
Suzanne Robinson (formerly Suzanne Weber) - August 20 of Kappa Beta, District 1
Barbara Atkinson, our Associate Member of the PPACs and our Texas State Council State Project Director - August 20 of Kappa Mu, District 3
Sylvia Casares (reinstatement due to Choctober 2012) - August 20 of Kappa Mu, District 3
Mary Brown - August 20 of Epsilon Pi, District 5
Yvonne Evans - August 20 of Epsilon Pi, District 5 and
Gayla O'Neal - August 22 of Sigma Iota, District 6.

Now the IAWL trivia question has produced correct answers all around.  Even rec'd information that I had not expected, but I did know. So with that said, there is a line in the film listed on the Bijou Theater Marquee. This is really a HUGE bonus question if you can come up with the line from the Priest to Mother Superior!


thanks for your patience.... and love, sue ann

No comments:

Post a Comment