Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - March 26, 2014

Happy Wonderful Wednesday!  

Memory is an element of leadership. Organizing tasks and events requires remembering what it is one is aiming towards. I have noticed and actually recently seen reports on television, as we age, memory loss is an issue. Some theories reported our brains with age have become so over loaded with facts, figures, people, events, etc., that we are unable to quickly retrieve what we are trying to remember. Others believe the brain is not functioning as well as it once did. 

Whatever the reason for not remembering, as a leader, one needs tricks or ways to keep track of those facts, figures, people, events, etc. They are crucial not only for organizing, but also assigning tasks, managing decisions, creating opportunities, and more. I am a list maker. I have more lists, organized by topics. I have them in a small booklet in my purse, on my iPad, excel spreadsheets in my laptop, small piles of paper held together with a large paper clip, and a journal of lists I have kept for years. This is the only way I can keep track and remember the tasks I need to accomplish. My list for convention is very long. I constantly work on my grocery list. There are the lists of things I collect, so I don’t duplicate. The ongoing I need to do this in my life list. The books I want to read list. You name it, there is a list! This is how I remember. And how I have operated over the years as an elected officer.

Studies have shown mind/brain games increase our memory ability. This includes computer games, crossword puzzles, word/number puzzles, and so on. Other studies promote sleep, and others value reading as a method to enhance our memory. I have read where repetition is helpful… “I need to remember this” or “This is important”. However one does it, working on enhancing our memory will help us in our leadership skills! 

The following are several critical deadlines and due dates to remember! They are coming up very quickly. Here they are!
April 1, 2014 – Distinguished Athenian Nomination due
April 1, 2014 – Be sure to send in your May Convention Registration
AND one very important reminder…. By April 1, 2014, all vouchers must have been submitted to me for approval. I will then forward onto the Teresa Gray-Lee, our Treasurer. I have a couple already to send onto Teresa. Now, if you are opting not to submit a voucher for reimbursement, that is so generous of you, but please let Teresa know if this is a line item that should continue next year. After convention, she will be working on the budget for the next sorority year.  

Here is the IAWL Question for this week… Uncle Billy would often tie sting or ribbon around a finger. Why?

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to the following sisters (and brothers) for the coming week!  
Deanna Kempen – March 27 of Kappa Kappa, District 4
Peggy Kenvin – March 27 of Sigma Iota, District 6
Ro Guess – March 28 of Epsilon Pi, District 5
Sandra Perryman – March 29 of Rho Theta, District 1
Lynn Murray – April 3 of Epsilon Pi, District 3

If you desire to get the blog postings sooner than later, please let me know by email at sueannesa@yahoo.com and I will add you to a mailing group list I have set up. To see the blog, click on the following address: 
http://esawonderfulwednesday.blogspot.com/. 

Remember, ESA's . . . A Wonderful Life!
Love and hugs to all Every Day Angels,
sue ann

No comments:

Post a Comment