Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - April 2, 2014

Happy Wonderful Wednesday!  

Last weekend, as a family, we went to Fair Park to see the musical “Wizard of Oz”. It was wonderful. Of course, there were many of the favorite lines, such as, “There is no place like home.” However, a few lines seem to be much more important… Let us set the scene, the Wizard is granting the wishes of the Scarecrow, Tin Woodsman, Lion, and Dororthy – The Tin Woodsman asks, “What have you learned, Dorothy?” She replies, “Well, I - I think that it - it wasn't enough to just want to see Uncle Henry and Auntie Em - and it's that - if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with! Is that right?”

“Because if it isn’t there, I never really lost it to begin with”… Thinking about this, if I never had something, then it really was never mine to start with!” If I did not own the responsibility of doing the best I could leading Texas ESA this year, then I never took the responsibility seriously. If I did not own the skills to lead, I never had them to begin with. As an effective leader, one has to accept the accountability of his or her actions and that of the team. Sometimes, leading is not easy; it can be hard. The rewards make up for all adversity. Take a few moments and consider… “Because if it isn’t there, I never lost it to begin with….”

The following are several critical deadlines and due dates to remember! They are coming up very quickly. Here they are!
April 5, 2014 – all of the Educational Programs for this sorority year are due 
April 10, 2014 – Annual Chapter Report is due
April 10, 2014 – Fourth Quarter of this sorority year is due.
April 15, 2014 – Annual RUSH Program is due.
May 1, 2014 – ATTA Girl nominations are due.

At convention, we will be celebrating a very special Service Award. I am thrilled that this sister will be joining us for that presentation. Plan to join us in League City, in the Houston area, for the celebration of her years of service. In addition, for this convention year, for Service Awards and Pallas Athene Recognition, we are going to use a form to capture all of that information and keep us organized. Please see the attached form for your use! If you need more information about the form, contact our Corresponding Secretary, Joyce Smith.

Speaking of convention, remember to send in your registration for an Angel-filled weekend of Texas ESA, education, service, and association. We will have it all there for you! So send in that form and check to be a part of a WONDERFUL convention!

Now for last week’s IAWL Trivia Question… Uncle Billy would often tie sting or ribbon around a finger. Why? He was absent-minded. Last week, I wrote about memory. So, this question fit right in. Did you guess what the answer was?

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to the following sisters (and brothers) for the coming week!  
Dianne Brandt – April 9 of Sigma Iota, District 6
JoAnn Brown – April 10 of Epsilon Eta, District 6
Sue Caselton – April 10 of Delta Epsilon, District 11

If you desire to get the blog postings sooner than later, please let me know by email at sueannesa@yahoo.com and I will add you to a mailing group list I have set up. To see the blog, click on the following address: 
http://esawonderfulwednesday.blogspot.com/. 

Remember, ESA's . . . A Wonderful Life!
Love and hugs to all Every Day Angels,
sue ann

No comments:

Post a Comment