Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - April 9, 2014

ESA Wonderful Wednesday – April 9, 2014

Happy Wonderful Wednesday!  

Several weeks ago, I quoted some thoughts from Marci, who authors and illustrates “Children of the Inner Light”. I found a wee piece she wrote about the road of life has twists and turns. Read it, consider it, and share your thoughts…

“Sometimes the road of life takes us to a place we had planned. Sometimes it shows us a surprise around the bend we could never have anticipated. We make decisions based on the information we have. We accept the ups and downs as they come. We live ‘one day at a time’. But often we find it is only when we look back that we can see that what we had thought was a ‘wrong turn’ has brought us to exactly the right place and every step was a right one after all!”

Wow… powerful! Life is life. I live it one day at a time because that is the only way I make it through the hard stuff and the wonderful stuff. I have had my twists and turns, have been and experienced things and events I did not want to experience, and have made the best choices I could make based on what I have and what I know! Sometimes they choices and decisions have worked and sometimes not. But, if I did not try, I would never know. Lately, I have seen some outdoor church signs spelling out PUSH… Pray Until Something Happens… I pray to help me make those choices and decisions; I pray to work through the experiences; and I pray to work through the twists and turns… just one day at a time!

The following are several critical deadlines and due dates to remember! They are coming up very quickly. Here they are!
April 15, 2014 – Annual RUSH Program is due.
May 1, 2014 – ATTA Girl nominations are due.

At convention, we will be celebrating a very special Service Award. I am thrilled that this sister will be joining us for that presentation. Plan to join us in League City, in the Houston area, for the celebration of her years of service. In addition, for this convention year, for Service Awards and Pallas Athene Recognition, we are going to use a form to capture all of that information and keep us organized. Please see the attached form for your use! If you need more information about the form, contact our Corresponding Secretary, Joyce Smith.

Speaking of convention, remember to send in your registration for an Angel-filled weekend of Texas ESA, education, service, and association. We will have it all there for you! So send in that form and check to be a part of a WONDERFUL convention!

Be reminded that there are some changes to the convention agenda and events. Let me list them out by event and day only:

Thursday, May 15, 2014 Pre-Convention Party
P&C Meeting
Vice President’s Meeting
PPAC Meeting
Elected Officer’s Meeting

Friday, May 16, 2014 Flag Ceremony & First General Assembly
First Timer’s Meeting
Workshop & Domestic Violence Donation
Second General Assembly
Mixer Party & Skits & Campaigning

Saturday, May 17, 2014 Open Morning for Your Shopping, Sleeping, Tourism, etc.
                               Awards Luncheon
                              Assn of Arts & Awards Viewing
                              Installation & Banquet

Sunday, May 18, 2014 Celebration of Life
                             Third General Assembly

Next week, I will be sending out the Convention Letter including a good deal I have addressed in the weekly blog. I hope to have the list of items needed for us to donate to the domestic violence program in the Houston area. So stay tuned!

This week’s IAWL Trivia Question… Why did George Bailey jump into the river in Bedford Falls? It will be interesting to hear your guesses!

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to the following sisters (and brothers) for the coming week!  
Teresa Gray-Lee – April 12 of Lambda Nu, District 5 and our State Treasurer
Belle Guice – April 12 of Lambda Nu, District 5
Pat Dixon Spokes – April 12 of Beta Xi, District 6
Letha (Tarleton) Tatro – April 14 of Chi Kappa, District 1, Past California State President (1963-64) AND my mom! My dad used to joke that there were interesting things on April 14th… the day before Tax Day; the day Lincoln was shot; the day the Titanic hit the iceberg; my wife’s birthday; and the day he got married. My parents married on my mom’s 20th birthday! Sorry Mom…. Had to tell the story just one more time! Happy 85th Birthday! I love you!
Patsy Young – April 16 of Delta Epsilon, District 11

If you desire to get the blog postings sooner than later, please let me know by email at sueannesa@yahoo.com and I will add you to a mailing group list I have set up. To see the blog, click on the following address: 
http://esawonderfulwednesday.blogspot.com/. 

Remember, ESA's . . . A Wonderful Life!
Love and hugs to all Every Day Angels,
sue ann

No comments:

Post a Comment