Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - July 10, 2013

Happy Wonderful Wednesday Everyone!

In Texas ESA, we've had a very sad week... two beloved sisters have passed away.  Carolyn Whittington of Chi Kappa (my chapter), District I and Debra Mancil of Zeta Tau, District II. Both fought valiantly cancers of different types. The passing of Carolyn leaves a huge hole in my chapter.  She was so excited about District I hosting our recent convention and my installation as State President. Because of her treatment, she was unable to attend, despite the week before feeling really well. Debra's passing saddens me as well..., she always was very kind to me, soften spoken, and a smile for me!  Her passing, I am certain, leaves a hole in Zeta Tau.  I am so sorry!

 Last week was a trivia question... I go a couple of answers.  All of them were correct. The question again, Harry Bailey, George's brother, was a WWII war hero. Might you know what honor did Harry win in WWII? He received the Medal of Honor for saving a plane of soldiers.  New IAWL Trivia Question next week, while I am at IC Convention!

I hope you have sent your registration in to Leanne Dickens to attend the August Board Meeting in Abilene, hosted by District VII. It is August 9-11, 2013 at the MCM Elegante. Rose Pasillas, Leadership Seminar Chairman, ably assisted by her chapter, Sigma Iota, has planned a great session on Saturday morning. We will be supporting Project Linus as part of an IC project, Warm Welcome. Briefly, Project Linus provides hand crafted blankets for children battling tough diseases or traumatic injuries. The folks of Project Linus would enjoy supplies as well as hand crafted blankets. Now supplies means fabric, batting, thread, and even fleece for hand tied blankets. If you can stop by a JoAnn's, Hancocks, or even a Walmart that still sell yardage, pick up a yard of fabric or other supplies the folks of Project Linus can use to sew blankets.  Our newly appointed Warm Welcome Advocate, Donna Carter, of the Caring and Sharing Team, volunteers for Project Linus and can transfer your donations to group in the DFW area. Donna is a member of Sigma Iota. We will do the donation at the Board Meeting on Sunday, August 11th.  Thank you in advance for your support and love!

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to the following sisters for the next week:
Barbara Petrey - July 12 of Rho Theta, District I
Givoanna MacHugh - July 12 of Zeta Tau, District II
Dawn Call - July 13 of Gamma Phi, District IV
Grace Chavez - July 14 (I am not certain which Chapter or District - let me know and I will announce next week!)
Gina Daugherty - July 14 of Alpha Tau, District VI
Linda Tumlinson - July 16 of Lambda Nu, District V
Tamara Carroll - July 16 of Sigma Iota, District VI
Kathleen Traver - July 18 (I am not certain which Chapter or District - let me know and I will announce next week!)

Well, as I mentioned, I am getting ready to attend IC next week in Norfolk.  I am so excited to represent you and the Texas State Council.  Have my Vicky Jones SweetHeart outfit (check), my sequin vest (check), my red/white/blue dress with white gloves (check), the Texas flag (check), my formal (check), the flags and noise makers for the awards luncheon (check), and the rest of my stuff (whew....)! I will be sending my Blog for next week from Norfolk!  

I will also be working on the Board Letter for the August Meeting. I hope to have it ready to be sent out the Executive Board,etc., just after I return from IC. So look for that email. 

Remember, if you wish to get the Blog postings sooner than you have been, let me know by email at <sueannesa@yahoo.com>. And the Blog can be viewed at <htt'://esawonderfulwednesday.blogspot.com>.

Remember, ESA's . . . A Wonderful Life!
Love and hugs to all Every Day Angels,

Sue Ann Tarleton, Texas State Council President 2013-2014 ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment