Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - July 3, 2013

Happy Wonderful Wednesday and Fourth of July Everyone!

I hope everyone will be having a great Fourth of July with family and friends!  Most importantly to be safe during the holiday....

On the way home tonight, I was thinking about Independence Day, not the movie, but our Founding Fathers, partly because Owen and I watched a documentary last night on Mount Rushmore. The documentary was outlining who and how the monument to very specific Founding Fathers became a National Monument.  I have been privileged to see Mount Rushmore three times. It is just amazing!  But how does this relate...

Every May, we celebrate our ESA Founding Mothers, so to speak, in Founder Day programs, educationals, events, and meetings. Without some very special women many years ago, we wouldn't be joined as an organization doing wonderful activities for others and ourselves. And, yes..., just like George Bailey, without him, where would Bedford Falls have been.  Without ESA, where would many of us be devoting our love, time, and devotion? It would be hard to imagine! So I am taking a few moments to consider all the Founding Folks for us as a nation and an organization!

Now for IAWL Trivia... The movie takes place at Christmas 1946. Harry Bailey, George's brother, was a WWII war hero. Might you know what honor did Harry win in WWII?  Answer next week.  Write me if you know.  I am interested in what you all think it could be!

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday (and many more) for the next week to the following sisters:
Pat Williams - July 6 of Epsilon Pi, District V
Judy Bowen - July 7 of Gamma Phi, District IV
Kay Howard - July 8 of Kappa Kappa, District IV and our Assistant Association of the Arts Chairman
Gretchen Mize - July 8 of Delta Omicron, District VII
Barbara Perales - July 9 of Kappa Kappa, District IV, ESA Foundation Board of Director Member and our Association of the Arts Chairman
JoAnn Carson - July 9 of Kappa Kappa, District IV
Heather High - July 9 of Lambda Nu, District V.

If you haven't yet sent your registration to Leanne Dickens, District VII President for the August State Board Meeting and Leadership Seminar, now is the time to get it done!  I have sent the form a few weeks ago.  It is on our Texas Web Site.  If you need me to resend to you directly, drop me an email.

If you are planning to attend IC Convention in just a few weeks, here is some information I sent out in an email in case you missed it:
  • Except for just a few of us, most will be arriving either Tuesday or Wednesday. I am arriving on Monday, the 15th. 
  • Plan on wearing our sparkle Texas vests, white blouses/tops, and black slacks, capris, or skirts to the general assemblies.  I will arrange with Jerry Hymer a time to take our traditional "vest" picture. The First General Assembly is Thursday morning. 
  • BJ Clark, our Executive Director, will not be attending convention this year due to her battle with cancer and recently had surgery. It has been proposed to make donations to Wounded Warrior Program in honor of BJ. We are being asked to contribute food or gas gift cards. I know BJ will be touched knowing we have made gifts in her honor to a wonderful organization.
  • I am not sure about having a dinner function quite yet. I will keep you apprised of those plans. 
  • If I have forgotten something, please let me know so I can spread the word....
I am truly hoping you have been getting Blog/Email postings.  If you are getting this for the first time, you are able to access previous postings by clicking on the blogspot link below.  With this posting, there are six total. I can't believe I had posted six already... oh my gosh! Now if you want to get posts faster than the forwarding method from your District and Chapter Presidents, please email me directly with your name and email address. Use my email link below to send me the message. 

"Talk" to you all next week! Remember, ESA's ... A Wonderful Life! 
Love and Hugs to all Every Day Angels, 

Sue Ann Tarleton, Texas State Council President 2013-2014 ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment