Installation of Officers May 2013

Installation of Officers May 2013

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

ESA Wonderful Wednesday - July 17, 2013

Happy Wonderful Wednesday Everyone and Greetings from Norfolk, Virginia!

Well, here I am at the IC Convention!  Despite a hitch on my flight over to Norfolk, I am having a wonderful time. I am able to see folks from last year’s convention and meet new friends.

I arrived Monday afternoon. Tuesday, we explored the downtown area and got a bit of shopping in – too fun.  Last night was the ESA Foundation Fun Fest headed by our very own Barbara Price and Pat Polk. We were decked out in red sparkled vest, working hard on the auctions and games of chance to support the foundation great works. I managed to win a silent auction – WhewWho!

Today, I have represented the Texas State Membership at the credential meeting, membership workshop, and State President’s workshop. Tonight will be the Welcome Party. The balance of the week is filled with assemblies, Celebration of Life, Recognition Luncheon, Installation of Officers, and the St. Jude reveal of moneys donated this last sorority year.

Certainly there will be much more I will share with everyone. But for right now, you are up to date with all of the activities!

Oh yes, this week’s IAWL Trivia Question – What did George Bailey called the money left after paying off all the shareholders the day of the run on the bank and the Bailey Brother’s Building and Loan?

I have some additional information on the type of donations for Project Linus from our Warm Welcome Advocate, Donna Carter of the Sharing and Caring Team.

Remember, we will be completing this donation to Project Linus during the August State Board Meeting in Abilene, hosted by District VII.
It is August 9-11, 2013 at the MCM Eleganté. Rose Pasillas, Leadership Seminar Chairman, ably assisted by her chapter, Sigma Iota, has planned a great session on Saturday morning.

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to the following sisters for the next week:
Erika Gonzales – July 19 (I am not certain which Chapter or District – let me know and I will announce next week!)
Linda Teal – July 21 of Zeta Epsilon, District III
Ivy Bandy – July 24 of Lambda Nu, District V.

Now last week, I did not have the Chapter or District for Grace Chavez, birthday having been on July 14th. She is a member of Delta Chi #B141 of Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio, District IV.  Thank you Carleen Aiken for updating us with the information… I surely do appreciate it! As a side story, I met Carleen on an airplane traveling over to Honolulu, July 20, 1969, following the IC Convention in Beverly Hills, California. My mom was in charge of a special tour to Hawaii, talk about an outing for IC! I remember the date we flew to Honolulu, as it was the date in history that Neil Armstrong and Buz Aldren landed Apollo 11 – “The Eagle” at Tranquility Base, the Moon. Michael Collins circled the moon while Neil and Buz were the first humans exploring another “world”. I won’t say how old I was, but my function at IC was to tote folks around Beverly Hills on errands during IC Convention Week. I believe Joan Monson of Nebraska was IC President.

One message I do want to pass on… our incoming IC President, Vicky Jones, 2013-2014, will also be doing a weekly blog/email following this week’s convention. She has requested that all State Presidents forward to their membership directly. I will not be able to keep up with multiple emailing groups for two different email threads. So the IC President messages will be sent to the District Presidents only by me, allowing your District President to forward to all members of your district directly on a weekly basis. So you may desire getting my weekly postings sooner and not wait for it to be forwarded to you. If this is the case, please let me know by email at sueannesa@yahoo.com and I will add you to a mailing group list I have set up. Additionally, the Blog can be viewed at <http://esawonderfulwednesday.blogspot.com>.

Remember, ESA's . . . A Wonderful Life!
Love and hugs to all Every Day Angels,


Because this week is filled with old and new friends, I thought I would share this quote from Wilma Askinas, “A friend is someone who sees through you and still enjoys the view

No comments:

Post a Comment